As a Tax Manager at TDT, you will serve as an advisor to small and medium-sized businesses, business owners, and high net worth individuals. You’ll use your experience and deep technical knowledge to provide strategies and advice to help minimize taxes and preserve assets. You will also lead a team of smart, eager associates and senior associates, providing feedback and guidance to help them grow in their careers.
Responsibilities of a Tax Manager at TDT include:
- Develop and manage client relationships by providing valuable insights, thoughtful explanations, and proactive guidance.
- Provide a full range of tax services including final review of complex tax work focused on big picture issues and highly technical items.
- Manage tax associates and senior tax associates, providing feedback, training, and guidance for their growth and development.
- Work within a client service team to identify and develop innovative tax strategies.
- Continuously work to improve the client experience, as well as internal firm processes.
- Build relationships with potential clients and referral sources to further the growth of the firm.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for helping clients, developing relationships, and solving problems as part of a collaborative client service team.
- Proven ability to manage a team, delegate work, and train and develop other team members.
- The drive for continued learning, growth, and improvement.
- Strong technical knowledge and research skills in the areas of tax accounting, tax compliance, tax planning and strategy, and complex tax situations.
- CPA Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Master’s in Taxation.
- 4+ years proven experience in public accounting serving privately owned/closely held businesses.