4th Annual Southeast Iowa Nonprofit Summit
September 20, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm| Free
Each year, the Southeast Iowa Nonprofit Summit brings together members of the nonprofit sector from all over Iowa, Northern Missouri and Eastern Illinois. This day-long features stimulating dialogue, presentations, learning, and networking opportunities addressing a variety of critical nonprofit capacity building topics. Perfect for board members, staff, and volunteers! The entire day is designed to teach, inspire, and connect the nonprofit community in Southeast Iowa. Look forward to creative presenters who are nationally recognized in their fields of expertise and dedicated to assisting the nonprofit community. Continental breakfast and luncheon buffet also provided.
This event is offered free for participants thanks to the sponsorship of various elements by the Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, Wapello County Foundation and TDT CPAs and Advisors.
Reservations are limited to the first 250 people and the event is at full capacity each year so make your reservations today here!
~Registration and Check-in: 8:00 am – 8:40 am~
Breakout Session #1: 9:40 am – 11:00 am
- A Winning Combination: Strategies, Structures and Roles for Effective Board Governance
- Get Back to the Future! Leveraging Generational Perspectives to Advance Your Organization
- Volunteer Recruitment, Placement, and Resources
Breakout Session #2: 11:10 am – 12:20 pm
- What Changes Stays the Same: HR Basics and Hot Topics
- The Life in Work/Life Balance
- Help Your Organization Succeed with Succession Planning
~Lunch 12:30 pm- 1:15 pm~
Breakout Session #3: 1:20 pm – 2:30 pm
- Grant Writing 101/ A- Registration for both A & B sessions required
- Practical Cyber Security for Nonprofits
- Liz’s Five Favorite Technology Secrets: How to Tap Into the Online Business Environment and Leverage your Talents and Brand
Breakout Session #4: 2:45 pm – 4:00 pm
- Grant Writing 101/ B- Registration for both A & B sessions required
- Financials for Non-Number Crunchers
- How to Get Your Organization Laser-Focused Today