Joseph B. Ryan, CPA
Joe served as an Assurance Partner for the firm prior to his partial retirement in December 2018. Joe is currently a Senior Assurance Manager with more than 41 years of experience in the public accounting profession.
Joe is passionate about serving nonprofit organizations through specialized assurance and audit engagements. Joe is continuously recognized for his industry expertise; he has been an adjunct professor at William Penn University for 21 years teaching intermediate and advanced accounting and auditing courses.
When Joe isn’t serving clients or teaching the next generation of accountants, he loves spending his time with his 10 grandkids. To keep up with them, Joe stays in top shape by working out at the local YMCA, where he serves on the board of directors.
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, University of Northern Iowa, 1976
- Specialized audit and assurance engagements:
- Compliance Audits under Uniform Guidance
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Audits and Cost Certifications
- Defined Contribution 401(k) and 403(b) Audits
- Specialized industries:
- Private Colleges and Universities
- Rural Water Organizations
- Extensive experience with Nonprofit Organizations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of Iowa
- Iowa Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs
- AICPA Not-for Profit Accreditation
- Member of TDT’s Strategic Management Team
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, University of Northern Iowa, 1976
- Chairperson for the 2018 Iowa Society of CPAs Not-for-Profit Organizations Conference
- Board of Directors of Mahaska County YMCA
- Board President of Mahaska County YMCA
- President of Main Street and Oskaloosa Economic Development
- Committee Member of the Not-for-Profit Organization Committee of the Iowa Society of CPAs