R. Ross Van Laar, CPA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Ross is a Partner with more than 8 years of experience in the public accounting profession. He also serves as a member of the firm’s Strategic Management Team.
Ross consistently strives to improve client experiences and by delivering efficient assurance engagements and providing timely and relevant feedback to clients. Ross works closely with TDT team members to ensure team goals are effectively pursued and achieved.
When Ross isn’t working with clients or supervising engagements, he enjoys traveling with family, exploring new places, and trying new foods. He also plays basketball and golf, works on home improvement projects, barbecues, and brews his own beer.
Bachelor of Science in Public Accountancy, Calvin College – Grand Rapids, MI, 2010
- Specialized Audit & Assurance Engagements:
- Historic Preservation Tax Credit Examinations
- Compliance Audits under Uniform Guidance
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Audits and Cost Certifications
- Defined Contribution 401(k) and 403(b) Audits
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of Iowa
- American Institute of CPAs
- Iowa Society of CPAs
- AICPA Not-For-Profit Certificate II Recipient
- Bachelor of Science in Public Accountancy, Calvin College, 2010
- Upstream Academy Emerging Leaders Academy Graduate
- Treasurer at SonShine Early Childhood Academy